Monday, June 2, 2014

Essay

       "You have been treated as colleagues and you have been given a great deal of choice in this course; this represents a high level of trust.  Did you and the others deserve it?  Earn it?  Honor it?"  Yes I feel like most of the kids in here did earn the trust but some of them didn't. The people who were serious about the course and real we're passionate about there masterpieces earned their trust.  The people who did earn the trust I feel like did honor it and we're very trust worthy about there work. Trust I thing in this course. If you don't have any trust then it really hard to tell what work is yours and what isn't.
       "Have you re/connected with a passion that drives you?  If so, how will you continue your learning?  If not, how will you proceed?" For me I reconnect with learning. In the previous years I didn't really learn anything in other classes and if I did learn something I would forget what I learned in a short time. In this class even though I did little work I think I learned the most while in this class. I remember a lot of the things that we talked about and even just sitting in class listening I learned a lot.
       "Something about literature or this course that made you laugh out loud." Well when Austin went up in front of the class and performed his comedy skits, those made me laugh out loud. This is why I love Open Source Learning. It really allows you to do what ever you want and for you to learn however you want to learn. Even though I didn't learn that much from his comedy skits I'm sure Austin learned quit a bit from them. That's what makes Open Source Learning so unique and different from traditional ways of learning.
       The 5 presentations that I enjoyed were Jacob and his cooking, Kapule and Elias' Workout and nutrition Prezi, Roman and his beats about the course, Franky's about music, and Rachael's about singing. I feel like all five of them do connect in some way. You could really tell that all of them really were passionate about what they were talking about. All of them really knew what they were talking about and I was able to learn a lot from them. Of course Romans, Franky's, and Rachael's all connect because they are similar, but Kapule, Elias'  and Jacobs do connect as well because all 5 take hard work to be good at and you have to be passionate about them.
       Am I a hero? I don't think that I'm a hero in the course but because I have made good choices outside of school I think I am a hero in that sense. Did I respond to the call of adventure? I think I did. I really didn't think out loud in the beginning of the year but as the year progressed I branched out more and came out of my shell and was able to express myself and my thinking more. I didn't find a mentor but I did overcome a lot of challenges, none that I would like to share but I really did return enlightened and learned a lot while taking this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment